We may collect your Personal Information when you use our services or Platform or otherwise interact with us during the course of our relationship. We and our service providers may also collect your Personal Information from Clients, third parties or information made publicly available. We collect Personal Information which is relevant and absolutely necessary for providing the services requested by you and to continually improve the GigIndia Platform.
Personal and Sensitive Personal Information collected includes but is not limited to:
Information may be collected at various stages of your usage of the GigIndia Platform, including but not limited to:
- first name, last name, e-mail id, date of birth, age, gender, phone number, and other demographic details
- employment details / preferences such as your past and current work experience and qualifications
- KYC-related information such as PAN, Voter ID, and driver’s license information
- OTP sent to you by GigIndia
- bank account details
- your device details such as device identifier, internet bandwidth, mobile device model, browser plug-ins, and cookies or similar technologies that may identify your browser/GigIndia Application and plug-ins, and time spent, IP address and location
2. Purpose and Use of Information
- visiting the GigIndia Platform
- registering on the GigIndia Platform or any other relationship that may be governed by terms and conditions listed on GigIndia Platform
- interacting or attempting to interact with GigIndia
- accessing links, e-mails, chat conversations, feedbacks, notifications sent or owned by Platform and if you opt to participate in our occasional surveys
- otherwise dealing with any of the GigIndia Affiliates/Subsidiaries/Associates
- while applying for career opportunities with GigIndia
GigIndia may process your Personal Information for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
While we may also process your Personal Information for other legitimate business cases, we ensure to take appropriate steps to minimize the processing to the extent possible, making it less intrusive to your privacy.
- registration / creation of your account, verification of your identity, and granting appropriate access privileges
- enable management of deliverables/tasks
- conduct the KYC compliance process as per requirements under law
- generate and submit invoices for services performed and/or delivered and process payment of fees on your behalf and on your instructions
- communicate with you for your queries, transactions, and/or any legal requirement, etc.
- enhancing your user experience in various processes/submission of applications/availment of service offerings by analysing user behaviour
- monitor and review our services from time to time, customize our services to make your experience safer and easier
- performing background checks as required under applicable laws
- allow Clients to contact you for products and services availed/requested by you through our Platform
- market and offer our / our Clients’ products and services to you using various communication modes such as via email, tele-calling, SMS(es), etc.
- carry checks, screenings or due diligence checks as lawfully required by us; detect and protect us against error, fraud, money laundering and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions
- resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; technical support and fixing bugs; help promote a safe service
- identify security breaches and attacks; investigating, preventing, and taking action on illegal or suspected fraud or money laundering activities and conducting forensic audits as part of internal or external audit or investigation by GigIndia or government agencies located within India
- meet legal obligations
3. Cookies or Similar Technologies
4. Information Sharing and Disclosures
Your Personal Information is shared after due diligence and in line with the purposes set out in this Policy. We may share your Personal Information in the course of your transaction with different categories of recipients such as Clients, service providers, affiliates, associates, subsidiaries, independent contractors, legally recognized authorities, governmental authorities, internal teams such as marketing, security, investigation team, etc.
Personal Information will be shared, as applicable, on need-to-know basis, for the following purposes:
While personal information is shared with third parties as per purposes set out in this Policy, processing of your Personal Information is governed by their respective policies. GigIndia ensures appropriate privacy protection obligations are cast on these third parties, wherever applicable and to the extent possible. However, GigIndia may share Personal Information with third parties such as legally recognized authorities, governmental authorities, and financial institutions as per purposes set out in this Policy or as per applicable laws. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for usage of your Personal Information by these third parties or their policies.
- enabling the provision of our / our Clients’ products and services availed by you
- complying with applicable laws and contractual requirements
- performing background checks as required under applicable laws
- generating and submitting invoices for services performed and/or delivered and processing payment of fees
- meeting the Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements as required for services
- for services related to communication, marketing, data / information storage, transmission, security, analytics, fraud detection, risk assessment and research
- responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the rights of a third party
- protecting the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the general public
- if required to do so by law or in good faith we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process
- if requested by government authorities for government initiatives and benefits
- for grievance redressal and resolution of disputes
- should we (or our assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by any business entity, or re- organization, amalgamation, restructuring of our business then with such other business entity
5. Storage and Retention
To the extent applicable, we store Personal Information within India and retain it in accordance with applicable laws and for a period no longer than required for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we may retain Personal Information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or if required by law such as in the event of the pendency of any legal/regulatory proceeding or receipt of any legal and/or regulatory direction to that effect or for other legitimate purposes.
Once the Personal Information has reached its retention period, it shall be deleted in compliance with applicable laws.
6. Reasonable Security Practices
GigIndia has deployed technical and physical security measures to protect your information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of authorized persons who have appropriate access rights to such systems; in addition, these persons are required to keep the information confidential. Where applicable, Personal Information is encrypted at-rest and we secure data in transit using Secure Socket Layer (SSL technology).
We understand that as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Hence, as part of our reasonable security practices, we undergo internal reviews to ensure appropriate information security controls are in place for both data in motion and data at rest within our network and servers respectively.
7. Your Consent
8. Personal Information Access and Rectification
You can access and review your Personal Information shared by you by placing a request with us using the contact information provided under the ‘Contact Us’ section of this Policy. GigIndia may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure authentication. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have a right to receive it or is not incorrectly modified.
9. Children’s Information
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 and use of our Platform is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not use this Platform.
10. Changes to Policy
11. Contact Us